A precious reality
Near the Convent we find the Minor Seminary that was built in 1950 under the leadership of Provincial, Father Anastasio of St. Rosario (Ballestrero) then Archbishop of Bari and Turin and Cardinal. It was inaugurated solemnly in 1951. It can be accessed through the rich nursery of fatty plants and one of the interior corridors.
The Seminary, the main source of the vocations of the Ligurian Carmelite, collects children from secondary schools of grades 1 and 2, who in a family atmosphere are helped to discover their vocation by receiving human and Christian formation. Close collaboration between educators and parents provides the Seminarians a peaceful, healthy environment with a strong Christian footprint; they can thus think seriously and serenely of their future, know Carmelite life and settle down, if genuine and lasting signs of a special calling of God become religious, priests, and missionaries. In the Seminar complex there are also sports fields and a large multifunctional hall. These are spaces used by seminarians, but it is possible, by agreement, to use it for groups.
A place to visit
Pilgrims and visitors have the opportunity to dwell first and foremost in the Chapel dedicated to Jesus Teenager. Here a beautiful statue of Jesus Christ welcomes them, placed on a column and framed in a lively modern glass window. Two beautiful stained glass windows depicting St. Teresa of Jesus and the Madonna del Carmelo illuminate respectively the ambience and the tabernacle. The latter, imposing, is a nineteenth-century artwork of great value, carved and golden wood. The simple altar is made of marble and decorated with the image of the Lamb lying on the book with the seven seals. The apse with its seats is decorated in a golden mosaic and in the center, in a niche, it houses the beautiful white marble statue of Guido Galletti, depicting St. Joseph with Jesus Teenager: with great sweetness the father points to the young Jesus who he fixed it in his eyes.
To be up to date and follow all the initiatives of the boys: